The Software Engineer will design, implement, integrate, and maintain systems and tools that will drive RADA USA software defined radar development in alignment with customer requirements. The Software Engineer will apply their knowledge of software development and software configuration management methods. They will use their experience, creativity, and analytic skills to solve challenging problems that arise in the integration and development of a range of radar and associated command & control systems.
Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- The Software Engineer will work with their supervisor to set goals and work to achieve them based on a collaborative and agile team process.
- Candidate will use their analytic skills to solve interesting and challenging problems that arise in the integration and development of a range of radar and associated command & control systems
- Software Engineer will participate in technical interactions with customers to best demonstrate the capabilities of systems, seeking to understand the customer’s end use applications to develop solutions that address their needs- Candidate could interact with the client
- Support new business development activities from a technical perspective
- Successful candidates will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Occasional travel may be required- up to 5% of duties
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms are required
- At least 4 years of experience developing multi-threaded embedded systems utilizing custom hardware platforms and operating systems in a relevant field
- At least 4 years of C or C++ is required
- At least 2 year of Object-Oriented Programming is required
- At least 1 year of experience with software CM, version control, issue tracking, software branching and merging
- At least 1 year of secure coding experience is required
- MATLAB experience is a strong plus
- Git experience is a strong plus
- Experience with secure coding practices is a strong plus
- Working knowledge of Radar Systems (Theory, execution, software defined radar) and/or Command & Control systems knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in a team setting and individually with minimal structure
- STEM background
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree is required
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance. Candidates already in possession of a clearance are strongly preferred.
RADA USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
RADA USA is a defense radar company specializing in the design, development, production, and sales of All-Threat, Air Surveillance radars. RADA offers advanced pulse-Doppler, multi-mission, AESA radars for tactical applications. These software-defined radars introduce hemispheric spatial coverage with excellent performance-to price ratio.
Located in the Maryland / Greater Washington DC metro area, our focused size is ideal for innovation, collaboration, and professional growth, and our combined staff expertise is both comprehensive and diverse. We are always interested in adding new members to our team who thrive in this environment.