Clearance: Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
RADA USA is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to report to the Director of Manufacturing Operations. This position is a key role within RADA’s strategic plan for optimizing the processes related to and the assembly of radars. Manufacturing experience of customized mechanical/electrical products, excellent organizational skills, ability to balance short term priorities and exceptional information analysis skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be increasing ergonomics within the assembly process, creating and optimizing workflow and assembly time, and reducing waste and downtime.
- Responsible for all Manufacturing engineering aspects of high reliability programs to ensure mission success and drive continuous improvement
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains standards and routings within the ERP system (CostPoint) for processing materials into subassemblies and/or finished products
- Collaborates with all engineering disciplines and manufacturing functions to ensure efficient production of the highest quality product
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for manufacturing, inspecting, testing and evaluating products and production equipment
- Designs and analyzes manufacturing and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment
- Performs time studies and statistical analysis to assess the performance of equipment, processes and functions
- Determines area of possible improvement and documents all required actions to improve the product/process
- Employee will participate in program start up duties including production readiness, design, drawing and process reviews, working with Engineering Review Boards (ERB), Engineering Change Notice (ECN)
- Active experience working with SolidWorks (3D CAD software)
- Once hardware is on the production floor the employee will work with the floor operators to answer any questions and solve technical issues in real time
- Coordinate with all supporting functional areas in order to determine the best solution for the product to maintain the highest levels of quality
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) related field with a minimum of 2 years related engineering experience
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- Knowledge and familiarity of AS9100 or similar external compliance audit certification
- Process creation and compliance experience
- Statistical Process Control experience
- S. Citizen with ability to obtain a secret security clearance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
RADA Technologies, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with the option to participate in a pre-tax Health Savings Account
- LT/ST Disability Insurance & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off allowance
- 9/80 work schedule
RADA Technologies, LLC is a defense radar company specializing in the design, development, production, and sales of All-Threat, Air Surveillance radars. RADA offers advanced pulse-Doppler, multi-mission, AESA radars for tactical applications. These software-defined radars introduce hemispheric spatial coverage with excellent performance-to price ratio.
RADA Technologies, LLC located in the Maryland / Greater Washington DC area. Our focused size is ideal for innovation, collaboration, and professional growth, and our combined staff expertise is both comprehensive and diverse. We are always interested in adding new members to our team who thrive in this environment.
RADA Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.