Clearance: Active DoD Secret clearance
RADA USA is seeking a Senior Radar Systems Engineer to lead requirements definition and design activities at the system, subsystem and component level every day. RADA USA operates in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus-oriented solutions, and results-based recognition.
As a Senior Radar Systems Engineer, you will focus on concept development, architectural design, requirements generation & flow down, modeling and simulation, systems analysis and documentation, integration, Test and Evaluation tied to our All-Threat software defined AESA radars systems.
- 7+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Experience leading the development of systems engineering artifacts such as System/Subsystem Requirements Documents (SRD), Architecture Diagrams, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP).
- Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Prior systems engineering experience on US DoD projects utilizing Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience working with Matlab, DOORS, Cameo System Modeler
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions to complex issues
- Strong analytic, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar in architecture, hardware, software, and system integration of AESA radars
- Experience with radar system concepts; detection, discrimination, track and signal processing algorithms and their behaviors and performance
- Familiarity with some of the different missions our radars can conduct active protection, vehicle protection, hostile fire detection, counter-UAV, counter-UAS, all-threat air surveillance and 3D perimeter surveillance.
- Ability to create and deliver both informational and technical briefings; Technical writing experience, in generating technical documents in support of program and proposal documentation, to include CONOPS, Test Plans, etc.
- Experience with the development and coding of system models, algorithms, test vectors and analysis tools in support of analyzing radar requirements and performance
- Experience with using Jira as a task management and issue tracking tool
- Prior experience integrating complex hardware/software systems
- Prior experience working with radar systems
- Create system engineering artifacts using MBSE for existing radar systems as well as development efforts.
- Participate in industry standard engineering reviews such as System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), and Test Readiness Review (TRR).
- Create test strategies that enable delivery of systems that meet customer needs and will function properly in the customer’s environment.
- Develop TEMP, and associated test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Analyze operational test performance against requirements, identify deficiencies, maintain test discrepancy database, recommend corrective actions, and collaborate with engineers/developers to correct deficiencies.
- Lead and/or support integration of radars into counter-defensive systems.
Education, Certification and Clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline
- DOD Secret level clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
Systems engineering, software, architecture, integration and test, requirements, radar, AESA, SRR, PDR, CDR, RTM, MBSE, SOSA, MOSA, JIRA, TEMP, cUAS, cRAM, cUAV, VPS, APS.
RADA USA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K with company match.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with the option to participate in a pre-tax Health Savings Account.
- LT/ST Disability Insurance & Life Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Professional Development Opportunities.
- Generous Paid Time Off allowance.
RADA USA is a defense radar company specializing in the design, development, production, and sales of All-Threat, Air Surveillance radars. RADA offers advanced pulse-Doppler, multi-mission, AESA radars for tactical applications. These software-defined radars introduce hemispheric spatial coverage with excellent performance-to price ratio.
Our focused size is ideal for innovation, collaboration, and professional growth, and our combined staff expertise is both comprehensive and diverse. We are always interested in adding new members to our team who thrive in this environment.
RADA USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.