We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to be responsible for developing, building, and maintaining relationships with new customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. They will also be a key asset in understanding new market trends, technology, and will serve as a key contributor in determining new avenues for growth and advancement outside of current markets. This may include both DoD and commercial markets. Collaborates with customers to create technical solutions for their needs, collaborating from initial requirements to sales generation. Must be energetic, have the ability to communicate at all levels; verbally and written; as well as be able to conduct executive meetings and presentations.
This position will strategically work on capturing new business in the defense industry with a programmatic approach. Ensure that the operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. The position will be based in Germantown, MD.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop growth strategies, road maps and plans to implement actions that will expand our client base
- Identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, trends, and new technologies
- Building business relationships with potential customers
- Develop comprehensive program capture plans
- Identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Maintain short- and long-term business development plans
- Respond to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Write business proposals
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Work with other teams within RADA Technologies LLC to include: engineering, marketing, finance among others to meet customer needs and support customer requirements
- Conduct long-range planning aimed at development of new business targets and proposals
- Develop and implement effective business development campaigns to obtain new sales or increased sales with current customers
- Create informative presentations; Presenting and delivering information to potential customers at their locations, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Other duties as assigned to assist in the overall success of the company
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance. Candidates already in possession of a clearance are preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in Business Development activities in related DoD technology disciplines
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Keen business sense and ability to solve business development problems and situations utilizing ingenuity, innovation, creativity, and proof of concept
- Experience leading capture efforts on opportunities
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Capture Management plan experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Experience with Ground base Radars or adjacent technology
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of a company’s services and its position in the industry
- Experience working with the DOD
- Ability to travel 50%
- Knowledge of current marketing, advertising trends, and best practices
- Demonstrable business acumen and a deep understanding of business sales processes
RADA Technologies, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K with company match.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with the option to participate in a pre-tax Health Savings Account.
- LT/ST Disability Insurance & Life Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Professional Development Opportunities.
- Generous Paid Time Off allowance.
RADA Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.