We are currently looking for an Assembly Technician for our Germantown, MD location. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. In this role, the Assembly Technician will be using hand and power tools to assemble phased array radar systems according to specifications. The work will be performed in an electro-static discharge safe environment.
- Follow defined assembly procedures and comply with quality requirements
- Be aware of day-to-day targets and responsibilities
- Operate power and hand tools to assemble various parts
- Assemble products according to established specifications and instructions
- Ensure logbooks are maintained according to standard operating procedures
- Maintain work area clean, safe, and orderly
- 1 year of production/assembly experience or a strong desire to learn
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. alone and 100 lbs. with another person
- 2+ years of electronics assembly experience in a high-reliability environment (
Department of Defense (DoD), Aerospace, Medical, etc.)
- Experience with Lean/ Six Sigma
- Demonstrated experience with electro-mechanical experience related to “box build”, printed circuit card assembly and repair, in a DoD business.
- Experience with J-Std and IPC workmanship standards relating to electro-mechanical assembly
- Candidates already in possession of a security clearance are preferred
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
RADA USA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K with company match
- Flexible 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with the option to participate in a pre-tax Health Savings Account
- LT/ST Disability Insurance & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off allowance
RADA USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
RADA USA is a defense radar company specializing in the design, development, production, and sales of All-Threat, Air Surveillance radars. RADA offers advanced pulse-Doppler, multi-mission, AESA radars for tactical applications.Apply